Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

78
I wrote a haiku not long ago that centered around "don't wait." I don't think this is a helpful way of relating to one's life or one's death. Don't wait, for all its good intentions, seems rooted in fear and anxiety.

We have all the time in the world, at least with regards to the present moment. I know that this may sound confusing insofar as the present moment is always fleeting, always departing. But, the present moment is also contained in the Eternal Now, where there is ample time to say hello; goodbye; and I love you.

So, there's no need to scare oneself, to rush, to be hasty. Take a breath, let it out... ah. That's enough. That's just right. Life and death are right here, always waiting. If I wait too, I am synchronized with life and death.

winter bus stop
the bus nears and a few
cherry blossoms fall

No comments:

Post a Comment