Powered By Blogger

Sunday, August 8, 2010

45
For those of us who insist on being buried, not cremated, there is the question of what to wear at the funeral. I think many prefer to show up in their Sunday best, or even expect a new suit or dress will be bought especially for the occasion.

As someone who has managed to avoid wearing suits for my entire work life, I don't know that I want to be stuffed into one for all of eternity. I cleave to the casual rather than the formal; I prefer comfort to the crisp and clean look. Not to mention the fact that I have always looked a bit odd wearing a suit (on rare occasions) with a pony tail.

Is all this much ado about nothing? Maybe so. After all, we end up stripped of everything except the bones we came into the world with. What's wrong with the way a skeleton looks? Many don such outfits on All Hollow's Eve.

bathrobe and slippers
reading the Sunday paper
six feet under

No comments:

Post a Comment