Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 9, 2010

48
I wake up this morning a day older. I don't feel older. Well, my back's a little stiffer and my head feels a little woolier, but these are discomforts I can cope with.

What happens when I wake up only to discover that I wet the bed during the night? Or, I try to lift myself out of bed and realize that I have lost too much muscle tone and can't? These are disconcerting possibilities that could be realities one day. I choose not to fret about them this morning for it does me no good. The evolutionary theorist Charles Darwin once observed: "Those who are most likely to succeed are not the strongest nor the most intelligent, but the ones most responsive to change."

I have it in my head that I don't like change (not at all), so I am continually challenged by changes that happen all the time. I want to be responsive to major changes that happen in my body. After all, I don't really have a choice. We are all marching down a one way highway; there is no option of turning back.

just missing
the ants
swarming a downed bee

No comments:

Post a Comment